1980 MGB “Under offer”
1980 MGB “Under offer”
1980 MGB (Registered as a 1981) $23,500 (Certified)
Health factors dictate that after 19 years I must transfer conservatorship of my MGB to another enthusiast. I call it ITCH as in “MY MG ITCH”. I am sure you will find a suitable alternative moniker.
ITCH was purchased in 2003 and suffered an engine bay fire. Two years and $30,000 later it was totally restored with many upgrades to make it a ‘road warrior’ cruiser. ITCH can cruise on the highway at 130 KPH (80MPH) at 3500 rpm and is quiet! It has 47,000 km on it since the restoration.
This is not a concourse MG but an upgraded mod-con rich classic. ITCH has won many shows, the most significant was ‘best in class’ at MG 2008 in Philadelphia.
- Stripped to bare metal and coated with POR 15 where needed.
- Completely rust free.
- Painted in ACCENT RED (not an MG colour) paint CODE = HL
- Four coats of acrylic lacquer, wet sanded between coats 2 and 4 then five coats of acrylic clear, wet sanded and buffed to a mirror finish. Full restoration photos available.
- Annual paint remediation, stone chip repair,
- Class 1, 1.25” receiver tow hitch (small trailer, bike rack),
- Comes with a Tan, Robbins fabric top, Factory Hard-top painted to match the body and a BIMINI top.
- Custom Pontiac Fiero Seats with MG Logo emblazoned Mr. Mikes Interiors (Florida) seat .covers, speakers in the headrests and heated pads in the back and seat.
- Top of the line carpets. Custom painted dash and console.
- Viper alarm system with motion push-back detection and corner lift sensor.
- Fully Air conditioned with Nostalgic Air MG specific air con system.
- Fully rebuilt, flushed, rings, head with hardened seats (lead free) compatible.
- Machine shop work done by Kirk Silberman at Ajax Race Engines.
- 1.8 Litre, twin SU carbs and mild street cam, bored 30 over.
- Develops maximum HP at 3500-5000 RMP. Idles “lumpy” by design.
- Dyno results available.
- 3” Stainless Steel exhaust with one resonator (nice exhaust note)
- Nissan 280Z five speed (.85 5th gear ratio). Accomplishes 100KPH in third gear.
- Connected using a Soddy Daisey billet aluminum back plate.
- Replacement clutch and slave cylinder are DATSUN not MG (roller bearing throw-out).
- 205×55 R15 Yokohama tyres on 15”x 5.5” Konig “THEORY” wheels with spacers.
- Tyres are week 31/2015 or 6 years old.
Fuel: Uses Shell Ethanol Free Premium or Petro Canada 91 Oil: Valvoline VR 1 with ZDDP
Gearbox 90 weight hypoid oil (this is a Nissan Gearbox NOT and MGB) Rear End 90 weight hypoid gear oil
2019 front end re-build with V8 poly bushings
2019 front Disc pads (Green stuff) with slotted rotors
2020 New brake shoes and drums
2021 October new heater valve, flushed and filled coolant
2021 October Lube, oil and filter (Valvoline VR1)
NEW Upper and lower Rad hoses
NEW Water pump
Electronic SU Fuel pump (brand new $300.00 never used)
Spare Carter fuel pump in engine bay ready to hook up
Three cans of NAPA HL touch up pain ($35/can)
Two cans of Palomino SEM paint ($35/can interior)
Four liters of Valvoline VR1 ($10 ea)